Sunday 22 July 2007

BACK !

After 3 weeks of rainy weather and cool beaches, I am back in Germany.
Still it was nice to see my family again and to breathe in some french air!
As I had mentioned before, I had something to do for my DM and my DS, which was a good idea considering the weather! We spent an afternoon, glueing, cuting and sewing little squares and here are the results. The first are the nine inchies my sister made for her daughter.
And the ones my mother made:


With a close shot:

My mother liked the concept so much that she has made nine more and framed them as well and has asked for more bare squares.
We had time as well to visit a glass bead maker and a patchwork exhibition (more pictures to come!).
Now I am off to read all your blogs. It seems you all have been very busy and I have a lot to catch up.

8 comments:

atet said...

Welcome back! Those framed inchies look fantastic. I really do need to try something like that -- I have some bare walls screaming for decoration!

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome back..........sounds like you had a nice time..........

Bea said...

Welcome home! Ich hab dich vermißt! Tolle inchies!

Quiltgirlie said...

Die Inchies sind super. Ich glaube, das muß ich auch mal ausprobieren. Bitte nicht noch eine Sucht, :o)

Quilty said...

Du warst ja sehr kreativ in deinem Urlaub zusammen mit deiner Familie. Es sind wunderhübsche Inchies!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well done. These are stunning art pieces! So, how did that French air feel?

Anne said...

Hello, it's your Ds. Thank you for saying that I did my own frame since you did all the sewing and mum did all the framing!! Still, guess I had some ideas!
Nice to have you back on line, and yes don't worry more fabric for yet more cushions coming ! I wouldn't want you to get bored!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Those look great!!!
And I like your favourite scrappy quilt from the exhibition as well.
In the most recent post is that long arm quilting or just everyday machine-it looks great!! Tracey