Tuesday 25 March 2008

MOTHER`S WORK

Hello from Winterland! It keeps on snowing here since Easter. All the best to keep inside and sew and/or knit.

The quilt is my mother´s work for a new baby boy she knows of.

My mother added some trapunto to some of the quilting and I think it turned out very fine. (well she is not MY mother for nothing!!)

This week I finished the first pullover for me for a long time. It seems that after some socks and 2 Icarus shawls, the knitting bug came back to me!

The sweater is the "cosy V-neck pullover with deep ribbing" from the book "Fitted Knits" by Stefanie Japel.

I like it very much! It is very warm (which is good as I am always cold) and the yarn (organic sheep wool) is very soft, not at all scrachy. Plus it only cost me 25 Euro! It is knitted from the top-down and I love the fact that it has no seam on the side.



Now I am making the next one from the book. As I said the knitting bug is back!

For those of you who like stitchery and patchwork, Jutta has started a kind of mystery stitchery to download. Please enjoy!
I wish you some nice weather to sew.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

The quilt is adorable, love the ducks. Great job on the sweater. Nice fit.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow, did you begin learning your skills at your mom's knee, or pick them up later?

Andrea said...

Oh - that quilt is so sweet. It has given me ideas - lol ! Your sweater is just lovely - so well made and fits perfectly.

Fadentante Gabriele said...

What a lovely Baby quilt !
I like your blog-side and have taken your adress to my favorite blogs.

Gabriele

tami said...

I love your mother's work. The little ducks and bear are sweet touches.

Bea said...

Klasse Baby-Quilt und so günstig für die Scrap-Kiste ...
Und das Strickfieber scheint im Moment allgemein umzugehen. "Man" legt wieder Wert auf HANDARBEIT!!! Gut so! Tolle Sachen!
Bis Donnerstag!

Shelina said...

The quilt is so beautiful - I just love the adorable touches with the quilting and the trapunto. Very nice.
The sweater is also very pretty - it does look very warm and comfortable.

Teodo said...

Your pullover is very nice and the quilt lovely.

Please tell to your mother that is very very good.

ciao ciao

Libby said...

I hope you are having some more spring-like weather. The Princess sent home a photo of Easter morning from her balcony in Germany . . . a lovely coating of fresh snow everywhere *s*

atet said...

Your mother's quilt is beautiful as is your spring quilt! And that sweater?!? Oh my! Now if I could jus tfinish the one I'm making for my daughter -- the idea of one for me is way too much right now!